Math and Science Trivia: Part 2
1. The two most common surgeries are biopsies and cesarean sections.
2. National Pi Day is March 14, at 1:59. (3/14 1:59)
3. The 772-778 digits of pi are 9999998, the greatest sum of 7 consequtive digits in the first 1,000,000 or so digits.
4. If you need to remember pi, just count the letters in each word in the sentence: “May I have a large container of coffee?” If you get the coffee and are polite and say “Thank you,” you get two more decimal places. [3.141592653...]
5. Plaster of Paris is naturally fire retardant. At about 600 degrees Farenheit the chemical water that is stored in it is released. This is also why walls are often “sweaty” after a fire.
6. Most of the Vitamin C in fruits is in the pith (skin).
7. Eggplant is a member of the thistle family.
8. Pecans are the only food that astranauts do not have to treat and dehydrate when flying in space.
9. There are 2,598,960 five-card hands possible in a 52-card deck of cards.
10. The largest prime number is 13,395 digits long; more than the number of atoms in the universe.